Saturday, December 31, 2011

A brand new year brings forth a brand new me

It seems like I will be tempted to start blogging again at this time of the year, every single year. I guess, it's the new year effect. Every year, on 31 December, I will get this sudden urge to sweep the slate clean and start afresh. Full of hopes and anticipation for the new year, I will develop huge plans and all sorts of projects, big and small, for the coming year.

Okay, before I get on with the New Year stuff, here are some of what goes on before New Year's day. One the eve of New Year's Eve, The Boyfriend and I went to New York New York for fish and chips for dinner before I head home to work on my proofs. I think this is the first time I've to bring work home to work over the new year. Oh wells. At least I managed to finish everything before New Year's Eve evening.




So, as a New Year treat, I took these out for The Boyfriend and I to enjoy before the clock strikes twelve.


So, I have this thing for springcleaning before the new year, be it the 1 January new year or the lunar new year. Since I had to rush out work on the eve, I only had time to start springcleaning at 6 plus in the evening. After the cleaning spurt, we decided to cook our really late dinner as we were too lazy to go down to buy food. Dinner was actually ready at like 11.30pm. Haha. Jokes right. I made cheese mushroom puffs and salmon in lemon cream for entrees.


I also cooked store bought cheese with roasted garlic tortellini with my own cheese cream sauce and caramelised onions and yellow peppers. The Boyfriend loves, I am glad! =)


 We were just in time to count down and catch the fantastic fireworks from my living room! This year's fireworks went on for so long! Love it! Can you see the glow of the fireworks in my picture? Cool not?


I have a strong feeling about this year. Let's see if I am right. In any case, I am determined to blog regularly from the year 2012 onwards. Year 2011 was a rollercoaster ride for me. It is my hope that 2012 will bring me much more joy and happiness. Well, it's a new year after all and I always get all positive and engaging on the 1st of January. In a way, you can say it's my perfectionist streak kicking in. The first day of the year signifies new beginnings, fresh hopes and big dreams for the future. If my first day of the year is anything to go by, I am sure 2012 will be an awesome year as I have had an awesome day today!


Love the front facing camera on my Samsung Galaxy S II! Makes it so easy to camwhore! On this new year's day, Dear Dear and I went to meet his secondary clique for brunch at Barracks Cafe, Dempsey House. I have always wanted to try Barracks, and now that I have gone to Barracks, I really love the look and feel of the place! Very quirky deco, I totally love!!!


The table was so long since there were 15 of us in all. See how cute their condiment trays are?


I ordered the Black Pepper Prawn Linguine and The Boyfriend ordered Tempeh and Cajun Chicken served with truffle fries. The Black Pepper Prawn Linguine has a char-grilled prawn served with linguine and prawn Bolognese tossed in black pepper sauce, topped with a gorgeous sprinkling of salmon caviar. Absolutely yummilicious! The Tempeh and Cajun Chicken however, were not that great. Truffle fries were fabulous, of course.



Did I say how much I love the decor? Interesting niches sprinked throughout the place. Toilet isn't very well maintained but interesting though.


Plus, I love the customised hand soaps from House. Cute much!!!


In love with the wall drawings and the warmth the woodwork imparts to the washroom. Sink looks good, right?


Cockadoodle for the boys and pussycat for the girls, too cute!!!


Leopard prints yah.



Peals and roars of laughter all around. After a full brunch, we then headed over to Ben & Jerry's for some much needed coffee and ice cream boost. We ordered a cappuccino and latte, which allowed the entire group of 13 to linger there over coffee and ice cream for some very interesting conversation. Totally whacky conversation.


After that, 8 of us proceeded on to Plaza Singapura to catch 龙门飞甲. The twists and turns in the plot kept The Boyfriend and I entertained even though the ending was a little abrupt. After the movie, we went for dinner at Ajisen where The Boyfriend and I shared a Christmas Set comprising a tonkotsu+red miso soup base topped with cha shu and braised pork ramen, 4 takoyaki and a cup of iced tea. Here's Dear Dear and the group's unofficial "老大".


It was a day of much laughter and I would say today marks a great start to the year! Thanks for the fantastic company and the many roars of laughter. I can't wait to gather again! Swee Choon Dimsum or Red Star?

Okay, to get back on track, this is the part where I pen down my hopes and wishes for the new year. Along with the passing of 31 December and a session of springcleaning and decluttering, I never fail to jot down my list of new year resolutions. Although the bulk of them will not get pass half a year, I still try to take some time to evaluate the past and write down what I wish to accomplish in the coming year. To end off my first post, I shall end it with my 2012 resolutions in the hopes of looking back on 31 December 2012 and feeling proud to have accomplished most, if not all, of them. So, this year, I shall not be too ambitious. In the year 2012, here is a list what I hope to achieve:

  1. I will take good care of my body (along with all it encompasses).
  2. I resolve to make myself happy and less stressed.
  3. I will get a grip on the aspects of my life and live my life for me.
  4. I resolve to work on the important areas of my life and focus on what are important.
  5. I will live my life to the fullest and make each day count.

Okay, this list seems reasonable and vague enough to be fulfilled. Let me know what needs to be added, if any? I wish that in 2012, I will be able to achieve beyond what I need to achieve and accomplish all my dreams and desires. This is going to be an awesome year!

What are your new year resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment