Wednesday, May 4, 2011

MFDOW

Whatever the heck does it mean? In case you haven't noticed, today marks my first day of work officially after my days at University. After a year working full time during my first year in University, I decided to take things a notch slower and continue being a full-time tuition teacher after getting my degree.

Now that I'm ready to take on the working world once more, I'm sure glad to land a position at my company as I'm sure I will be able to learn a lot over here. The people here seem pretty nice and I really hope this will work out really well.

I have to admit, I'm pretty shocked to be shown to my desk and lo and behold, on my desk there sits a pretty little Mac. It pretty much scared the help out of me as my only experience with a Mac was using it to surf net for maybe 2 hours and even then, I wasn't really used to all the different aspects of the foreign OS.

Suffice to say, I had to take some time to get used to the functions and formatting. I sure hope tomorrow will be a much better experience with my Mac. The first day at work is pretty all right. I was shown around by HR and my Direct Supervisor, both seem to be pretty nice ladies.

After some incident with the bus route, I reached the office hurriedly and joined the briefing by HR. HR showed the new staff around and after a talk with the department head, my Direct Supervisor briefed me on some departmental notes and showed me around the place. Despite being introduced around my department, I realised that the first round of introduction did not really stick with me. Hope that within this two weeks, I will be able to recognise and get to know more colleagues and friends.

So, here I am, typing this entry via email on my mobile. It feels truly weird to be lying in bed at this hour of the night, all ready to drop into slumberland. I guess, I should go sleep early as suggested by The Boyfriend, since I have a totally busy day tomorrow. Not only do I have a full day of work, I also have a four hour tuition lesson after work! Gosh, I do hope I will be able to make it through.

So, here it is. I've officially gotten a full-time permanent position, which provides CPF. I guess, Mommy and Daddy will not be nagging me about finding a "real" job nowadays. I wonder when will they finally realise that I've started work?

What is your dream job and how are you feeling about your current job?

No comments:

Post a Comment