Thursday, November 25, 2010

My 3 cheese mashed potatoes!

I don't have anything on today and I was lazy to go down to 打包 food for myself. Thus, I decided to use the potatoes I bought, along with stuff hanging around in my fridge since my last grocery trip, and make the ultimate comfort food: Mashed Potatoes!

2 diced potatoes in a bed of scrumptious sauce
Check out the recipe after the jump!


First, you have to prepare the following ingredients.

Ingredients:
2 potatoes, peeled and diced
3 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
1 teaspoon salt, to salt the boiling water

1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon sour cream
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 teaspoon milk or cream
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon mixed herbs
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 - 2 tablespoons of mixed cheeses (I used Mozzarella, Parmesan and Cheddar)

Follow my directions for a lovely side dish!

1. Salt the water for boiling the potatoes.
2. Peel and dice the potatoes.
3. Peel and crush the garlic.
4. Drop both potatoes and garlic cloves into salted, boiling water.
5. While waiting for the potatoes to be cooked, prepare a plate for the sauce.
6. Mix butter, mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, pepper, herbs, paprika and milk together.
7. When the potatoes break apart with slight pressure from the fork, drain them well and set atop the sauce.
Can you see the butter and cheeses melting under the heat?
8. Mash the potatoes and garlic cloves with a fork or a masher and mix it with the sauce.
9. Set aside to cool before refrigerating it. (Or, if you are as hungry as I was, you can just eat it warm! Just as nice!)

Ooh melty cheeses!
Even Brownie wants some!

"Mummy, can I have some? Smells very good!" *nose twitching*
Of course, I couldn't resist her pity looks. I had to give her 1 tablespoon to taste! 

What are your comfort foods? Any favourite recipes to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment